1. USR-Cloud: https://mp.usriot.com.
Please register an account first, and then log in to this platform.
2. Add Device, click "No SN, click here". USR-G781 don't support using SN code to add device.
3. Select a data template. Here we click MODBUS RTU.
4. Configure the slave parameters.
Slave name: Custom name, you can fill in the serial device name
Slave address: Fill in the serial device address
5. Configure the variables.
Variable name: Custom name, such as temperature, humidity, DI1, DO2
Register: It is the same as the register of the configuration software. Fill in the decimal register address.
Function code 03H or 06H, starting address 0000H: register is 4 and address filling 1;
Function code 04H, starting address 000AH: register is 3, address filling 11;
Function code 01H or 05H, starting address 0002H: register is 0 and address is 3;
If the function code is 02H and the start address is 0003H: register is 1, and the address is filled with 4.
Data format: Select the format based on the size of the numeric range and the numeric type.
Collection frequency: Select the collection frequency or choose to report actively.
Storage type: Variable storage or All storage.
6. Configure G781 parameters.
Connect the serial port of G781 to a computer via a serial to USB cable. Default serial parameters of G781 are: 115200, NONE, 8,1.
IP and port of USR Cloud is：tcp.mp.usriot.com, 15000.
7. Fill in the identity package ID and password created by USR Cloud.
8. After G781 restarts, will be online in USR Cloud.
9. Used a MODBUS Slave software to simulate sending data from the serial port.
In this document, I connect the RS232 serial port of the G781 to a computer through a serial to USB cable for local testing.
10. Last step
When data is sent from the serial port of the device, we can see the data displayed in the cloud.