This manual introduces OPENVPN Client function of the Industrial 4g LTE Router ( USR-G806 ).
OpenVPN is an application layer VPN which bases on the OpenSSL library. It supports bidirectional authentication which bases on the certificate, that’s to say a client needs to authenticate server and server also needs to authenticate the client.
2.1. Enter G806 Web Server
Connect PC to G806 LAN interface or WLAN interface and configure PC into DHCP mode as follow:
Then enter G806 Web Server by entering G806 LAN interface IP address (Default is 192.168.1.1) and log in with username and password(Default both are root). Users can switch between English/Chinese from the top right corner.
2.1. Add OPENVPN interface
After entering Web Server, add OPENVPN interface as follow:
The protocol can be TUN(Route mode) or TAP(Bridge mode). After typing in the interface name and choosing protocol, please click ‘Submit’ to add the OpenVPN interface.
2.3.3 Configure OPENVPN interface
After adding the OpenVPN interface, it will be the OpenVPN interface configuration web page.
- Protocol: Can choose TUN(Route mode) or TAP(Bridge mode).
- TCP/UDP Network: Can choose UDP protocol or TCP protocol.
- Port: Listening port of OpenVPN Client.
- Local Interface: Choose wan_wired or wan_4g according to how G806 accesses to network.
- Local Tunnel Address: Server will automatically distribute if the user doesn’t fill it.
- Remote Address: Server IP or domain name.
- Remote Tunnel Address: Server will automatically distribute if the user doesn’t fill it.
After configuring ‘General Setup’ and clicking ‘Save&Apply’, please configure ‘Advanced Settings’: