Serial to Ethernet Device Server is a common device in the Internet of Things, which is mainly used for the conversion of serial devices and network devices. It must be familiar to friends engaged in the industrial Internet of Things. So what exactly is Serial to Ethernet Device Server?
Before understanding Serial to Ethernet Device Server, we need to understand what serial port.
Serial port, also known as serial data interface, is mainly used to represent the transmission of various data communication interface, usually refers to the com port. It is generally divided into RS232, RS422 and RS485.
RS232 interface: full-duplex transmission is adopted, and the transmission distance is about 15 m.
RS422 interface: full-duplex transmission is adopted, and RS422 cable is composed of R +, R-, T +, T- and GNDA. The maximum transmission distance is 1200 m.
RS485 interface: developed on the basis of RS422, half-duplex, two-wire transmission mode, consisting of two wires A and B, with the maximum transmission distance of about 1800 m.
Network port: also called "RJ45 interface" or "network data connection interface". Through the RJ45 network port, data can be transmitted in the LAN.
Serial to Ethernet Device Server is a conversion device, which can convert local serial data interfaces such as RS232/485/422 into network data interfaces with TCP/IP protocol, so that a serial device can achieve long-distance data transmission. The communication distance of the serial port equipment is expanded, and the method can also be used for remote control and remote management of equipment.
The emergence of Serial to Ethernet Device Server has brought great convenience to many fields that need remote control, data transmission and monitoring. With Serial to Ethernet Device Server, users can use the Internet to connect computers anywhere in the world to store, manage and remotely control machines and devices.
Serial to Ethernet Device Server is generally divided into single serial port, double serial port, four serial ports, eight serial ports, sixteen serial ports and so on according to the access quantity of different serial devices; According to the type of serial port, it is divided into RS485 Serial to Ethernet Device Server, RS232 Serial to Ethernet Device Server, RS422 Serial to Ethernet Device Server;According to different product forms, it can be divided into pin type Serial to Ethernet Device Server, patch type Serial to Ethernet Device Server, Device-level Serial to Ethernet Device Server is used to adapt to various application scenarios.
The Serial to Ethernet Device Server provides the following benefits:
1) Extend the communication distance of serial devices. Through the Serial to Ethernet Device Server, the serial device can immediately have the TCP/IP network interface function to connect the network for data communication, thus expanding the communication distance of the serial device.
2) Provide remote control and data transmission functions. With Serial to Ethernet Device Server, users can use the Internet to connect computers anywhere in the world to store, manage and remotely control machines and devices.
3) that data transmission efficiency is improve. Serial to Ethernet Device Server can convert the serial device into TCP/IP network interface to realize bidirectional and transparent data transmission, thus improving the efficiency of data transmission.
4) Support virtual serial port protocol. Serial to Ethernet Device Server can support virtual serial port protocol, so users do not need to change the original PC software.
1. Device connection
Generally, the Serial to Ethernet Device Server interfaces are serial ports (mostly RS485), network ports (generally RJ45 specifications), and power interfaces (generally with different power supply ranges). Connect the serial port cable, network cable and power supply of Serial to Ethernet Device Server in turn. The network cable can be connected to the switch, router, computer, etc.
2. Basic parameter configuration
The parameters of Serial to Ethernet Device Server can be modified through Web page, AT command and parameter configuration software. Generally, the parameters to be configured are composed of serial port parameters and network parameters.Serial port parameters include baud rate, data bit, stop bit, check bit, etc. The network parameters are typically IP address, gateway, operating mode, server address, port, and so on.
Serial to Ethernet Device Server provides the function of converting serial port to network, which can convert serial port data into TCP/IP protocol data and realize bidirectional and transparent transmission between serial port and network. It is widely used in access control/attendance, industrial automation, parking lot management, remote monitoring, charging piles, high-speed toll stations and other fields.
1. Unattended weighing: The Serial to Ethernet Device Server can be used to connect weighing instruments, receipt printers, gates and other weighing equipment to the LAN, and a LAN computer can be used to complete centralized control and data statistics management.
2. Remote attendance: The attendance machine plus the Serial to Ethernet Device Server can transmit the attendance data to the server, which is very convenient for the attendance statistics of offices all over the country.
3. Remote control PLC: Serial to Ethernet Device Server is added to the PLC, and the programming software is combined with the virtual serial port, thus realizing the remote programming of the PLC.
Serial to Ethernet Device Server can also be used in new energy, power, intelligent transportation, intelligent manufacturing, environmental monitoring, petrochemical and other industries.