Geological disasters such as mountain torrents and mud-rock flows are characterized by suddenness, fast flow rate, large flow rate, large material capacity, and strong destructive force. Landslides often destroy roads, railways and other transportation facilities or even villages and towns, causing huge losses.
The defense strategy of geological disasters is “prevention first, prevention is more important than the rescue and relief work”. The method of defense and prevention is to take engineering measures to improve the standard of engineering prevention, as well as non-engineering measures to establish a comprehensive prevention and reduction system and improve the ability of disaster prevention and risk resistance.
To sum up, the establishment of geological disaster monitoring and warning system is an important non-engineering measure to prevent and control mountain floods, debris flows, landslides, and other geological disasters.
1. System objectives
Geological disaster monitoring system mainly includes rain monitoring station, geological disaster monitoring station, video station layout, information collection, information transmission communication network, equipment and facilities configuration, etc.
The system should integrates field data acquisition, wireless data transmission, data processing center, the real-time acquisition of various parameters such as rainfall, displacement, video, timely and accurate transmission by means of wireless network to a central data platform, data center platform to deal with the data returned analysis, real-time and accurately grasp the rainfall regime, according to the scene and geological changes, combined with live video images, early warning information generated in a timely manner.
When geological disasters occur, the system can effectively issue early warning signals to prompt local people to take precautions or evacuate in time.
2. System architecture
The geological disaster monitoring system is mainly composed of four parts: front-end signal acquisition, data wireless transmission, backstage data processing display, early warning information release, etc
3. System working process
Rain monitoring, displacement monitoring and other data of rainfall and mountain displacement are collected by industrial modem, industrial modem will acquire the data and transmit the data to the central platform, and then the platform will analyze and process the data and give early warning, so as to reduce the loss of people’s lives and property caused by geological disasters.
4. System features
(1) reliability: the system can ensure long-time operation. All the hardware and software in the system have the protection mechanism such as anti-crash, meeting the reliability design requirements.
(2) Fault tolerance: the acquisition system has high acquisition accuracy, high fault tolerance ability, and strong anti-interference.
(3) Adaptability: the system has multiple communication modes for backup and complementation, which can ensure the coverage area of early warning and strong adaptability to the terrain environment.
(4) Extensibility: the hardware and software of the system can be upgraded and functions can be added.
(5) easy to operate: the hardware is easy to operate, learn and master, which is suitable for mountainous areas and rural areas.