Serial to Ethernet is a technology which can meet the need of serial device server connect to the Ethernet. User can use serial to Ethernet to realize the internet connection of Embedded devices, then can realize network management and application of embedded equipment.
The core of this technology is to integrate the TCP/IP protocol into devices, then convert Ethernet IP/TCP packets to either RS232, RS485 or RS422 serial data signals.
Basic functions of serial to Ethernet:
1. Integrate TCP/IP protocol stack to realize TCP/UDP data transmission.
2. Support static and dynamic IP address configuration and domain name resolution functions to facilitate the use of devices in different network environments.
3. Support 10M/100M adaptive Ethernet interface.
4. Support network wake-up.
5. Support serial port baud rate in the range of 300bps~115.2 KBPS.
6. Support data transparent transmission and various serial port data packet formats, such as packet by length and packet by time.
7. Support firmware updates.
8. Support AT command configuration.
9. Support heartbeat detection in TCP transmission mode to determine connection status.
10. It has ARP function and can store MAC address information of at least one remote device.
Multiple Function of serial to Ethernet
1. Various configuration methods, such as web page configuration and host computer tool configuration.
2. Support multiple serial port transmission.
3. Support various update methods such as remote firmware update.
4. Support automatic disconnection after network disconnection to ensure the reliable establishment of TCP connection of the network.
5.UDP mode supports single or multi-machine communication, which can satisfy multiple users to manage an embedded module at the same time.